What is a VAV terminal? A VAV terminal modulates the supply airflow at constant temperature into an occupied space based on cooling demand. As the load increases the supply of cool air increases and as the load decreases the air supply also decreases. It consists of a thermostat, actuator, controller, damper and airflow sensor (for pressure independent type only).
Pressure Independent VAV(Variable Air Volume Terminals)
• Pressure Independent VAV Unit has one primary air inlet, one rectangular discharge outlet to the room and one rectangular bypass discharge outlet.
• VAV box Capacities range from 40– 4000 CFM in 7 sizes.
• Units are tested by ETL Intertek in accordance with AHRI Standards 880-2011,“Performance Rating of Air Terminals” And ASHRAE 130-2008,“Methods of Testing Air Terminal Units”.
• Factory calibrated to job requirements.
• Pressure Independent VAV box is Equipped with high quality multi-point differential pressure flow grid for accurate air flow measurement.
• Integral sound attenuator provides excellent noise control. In case of lower noise control, additional sound attenuator can be provided.
• Conveniently accessible externally mounted controls.
• Casing construction meets SMACNA standards and provides excellent strength and rigidity. Thoroughly sealed to prevent air leakage
• NEMA 1 enclosure control box for control mounting.
• Damper edge is sealed with foam gasket to prevent air leakage. The damper shaft is made of solid G.I rotating in low friction, self lubricating permanently impregnated brass bearings.
• Ductmate flanges on all four sides of rectangular discharge as standard and optional “S” drive duct connection also available. Inlet connection bead offers a means for secure flexduct connections.
• Sturdy construction and low noise generating capacity to obtain required NC without compromising performance. Manufactured to ensure long and maintenance free service.
• On/Off modulating DC controls 0 to 10 V having options of state of the art DDC controls within built BACnet for BMS compatibility. Belimo / KMC controls / Neptronic or controllers of customers choice available.
.• Acoustic infill media is of superior quality & fire rated meeting the requirement of BS476 standards part 4-6 & 7 ;also classified as non combustible material (A1) according to the European standard CSNEN 13501-1. It has excellent sound absorption characteristics with an additional qualification of being biologically inert.