What is a VAV terminal? A VAV terminal modulates the supply airflow at constant temperature into an occupied space based on cooling demand. As the load increases the supply of cool air increases and as the load decreases the air supply also decreases. It consists of a thermostat, actuator, controller, damper and airflow sensor (for pressure independent type only).
Variable Air Volume Terminals – Description
• Unit has one primary air inlet, one rectangular discharge outlet to the room and one rectangular bypass discharge outlet.
• Units are tested by ETL Intertek in accordance with AHRI Standards 880-2011,“Performance Rating of Air Terminals” And ASHRAE 130-2008,“Methods of Testing Air Terminal Units”.
• Variable Air Volume Terminals Capacities range from 50– 3200 CFM in 8 sizes.
• Integral sound attenuator provides excellent noise control. In case of lower noise control, additional sound attenuator can be provided.
• Conveniently accessible externally mounted controls.
• Inlet connection bead offers a means for secure flexduct connections.
• NEMA 1 enclosure control box for control mounting.
• Damper edge is sealed with foam gasket to prevent air leakage. The damper shaft is made of solid G.I rotating in low friction, self lubricating permanently impregnated brass bearings.
• Ductmate flanges on all four sides of rectangular discharge as standard and optional “S” drive duct connection also available.
• Sturdy construction and low noise generating capacity to obtain required NC without compromising performance. Manufactured to ensure long and maintenance free service.
• On/Off,modulating DC controls 0 to 10V. Belimo / KMC controls / Neptronic or any controllers and electronic thermostats of customers choice available. BMS compatible actuators can be provided on request.
• Casing construction meets SMACNA standards and provides excellent strength and rigidity. Thoroughly sealed to prevent air leakage.
• Acoustic infill media is of superior quality & fire rated meeting the requirement of BS476 standards part 4-6 & 7 ; also classified as non combustible material (A1) according to the European standard CSNEN 13501-1. It has excellent sound absorption characteristics with an additional qualification of being biologically inert.