Fire damper is a device installed in an air distribution system or an air transfer opening designed to close automatically upon detection of heat interrupting airflow and thereby restricting the passage of fire in the process. Fire dampers are installed in fire rated walls/barriers/partitions (sleeve required) where the HVAC ductwork penetrates ensuring that their integrity is maintained. The location and installation procedure of fire dampers should be in accordance with the widely accepted and recommended standard, NFPA 90A – Standard for the installation of Air-Conditioning.
Airmaster Motorized fire and smoke damper / Combination fire and smoke damper is developed with the intention of maximizing occupant’s safety.
Frame: High quality galvanized Iron Sheet of 1.6mm thickness.
Blades: Single skin roll formed from high quality steel sheet of thickness 16 gauge.
Actuator: Fast acting , two position Honeywell actuator
TRD: Belimo make TRD, 165° F temperature rating.
Gasket: UL Listed
- All corners of the frame are fully welded (and painted to prevent rust) to ensure sturdy construction for a rattle free operation.
- Designed for parallel blade operation.
- AMFSD series combination Fire/Smoke dampers are UL 555/555S classified, manufactured under Airmaster’s strict quality control procedures.
- AMFSD Dampers are available with Class II leakage rating at 2000fpm (10.2m/s) / 4”w.g (1000pa). Suitable for most of the commercial smoke management applications in both static and dynamic systems.
- All actuators are externally mounted with 230VAC as standard.
- Actuators are supplied without auxiliary switch as standard.
- Actuator position will be based on Clockwise (CW) closure direction as standard.
- TRD’s have an inbuilt RESET switch to reopen the damper.
- All AMFSD models are factory fitted with 400mm wide & 1.2mm thick steel sleeve as standard
- All dampers and TRD’s are factory tested to ensure smooth operation before dispatch.
- Actuators have to be configured with control panel or BMS system for smoke control applications before commissioning.
- Can be used in walls/partitions of less than 3 hours fire resistance rating as per NFPA 90-A in accordance with ANSI/UL555 standards.
Maximum Approved Sizes:
- Multiple section : 70” x 70” (vertical installation only)
- Single section : 35” x 35” (vertical installation only)