Sand trap louvers are an integral part of any air handling unit, usually installed at the first point of air intake. As the name of the product states, sand trap louvers prevents the sand from entering the air intake unit or equipment rooms, thus avoiding a damage to the moving parts of the equipment and clogging the filters often. They are also used for ventilation purposes in parking areas, warehouses, generator rooms, fan rooms, etc in desert or sandy regions.
This model of high efficiency sand trap louver was specifically design for higher velocities of air intakes. The frame of the louver is designed to enable flush type installations. The blades are fixed vertically with 25 mm or 40 mm gap as per site conditions.
The shape and design of the blades offer a better efficiency and lesser pressure drop than conventional sand trap louvers with U channel blades. Thus the overall size of the high efficiency sand trap louver is much smaller than the normal sand trap louver for the same air intake volume. This saving on installation space, storage space and additional labour is seen as a great advantage by our customers.
- Designed to filter sand particles at high intake velocities, with high efficiency which is more than 90% and lesser Pressure drop.
- It has the advantage of more free area so that sizes of usual sand trap lowers can be reduced to 25% of the normal sizes
- Composed of a row of blades mounted vertically inside the frame.
- Designed to separate sand and dust from the air stream.
- The filtered sand will be drained through a sand chute flied at the bottom of the louver.
- Generally used for ventilation applications and at inlet duct of air handling unit
- Natural anodized aluminium finish.
- Powder coated colour finish as Per RAL-colour code.
- Flexibility of finish available as option.
High efficiency Sand trap louvers are available with optional accessories such as bird screen, insect screen, aluminium mesh filter, volume control damper.