Volume Control damper is widely used in heating, ventilation and air-conditioning applications in order to maintain or control the air volume inside the duct. These dampers facilitate the air flow to each zone and each room to be controlled during testing & commissioning. The blades may be parallel or opposed type depending on the requirement.
Volume control damper can be mounted either horizontally or vertically. However, care should be taken to mount the damper, by orienting the blades in the direction of the desired airflow. Airmaster provides several types of volume control dampers to choose from.
Low Leakage Volume Control Damper are designed for use in heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems for low-leakage applications.
- Used in heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems for low-leakage applications.
- Joints are welded and protected by aluminium spray coating to prevent rusting.
- Blades are coupled by toothed nylon gears which provides opposed blade operation.
- Hand locking quadrant is provided with clear open/close indication and three intermediate open positions (1/4 – 1/2 – 3/4).
- Foam gasket is sealed across the blade edges to minimise air leakage between the blades.
- Flanged edges are supplied un-drilled as standard.
- Damper without flanges available as option for duct insertion purpose.
- Air leakage from 0.18% to 1.33% only based on tests conducted in accordance with AMCA standard 500-D-98.
- Frame: G.I sheet of thickness up to 2mm available upon request. Aluminium frame is also available for light weight / offshore / exposed area applications.
- Handle: Cast Aluminium.
- Bush: Brass bush, S.S. Ball Bearing.
- Gear Wheel:Aluminium Alloy.
- Low Leakage: S.S Jamb seal.